Monday, October 30, 2006

Cindy Conquers the Marine Corps 10K



I'm very proud of Cindy for completing the Marine Corps 10K Run yesterday (which is connected with the Marine Corps Marathon) in downtown DC. The way she's going, I wouldn't be surprised if runs the whole marathon soon. I expect she'll be ready for a half-marathon very soon. (I told her I'll stick with the half-miler.)



The Clydesdales were even there at the end of the race, giving out free beer. (Well, the Clydesdales were more or less supervising.) Free beer? What a race! Sign me up!



These guys weren't doing much. Looks like Skippy was guarding all the good stuff.




Cindy after crossing the finish line - a job well done! Of course they had other free stuff - bagels, sports drinks, egg beaters...but after the beer, who really cares? Anyway, I'm very proud of her. It doesn't seem that long ago that she and I were huffing and puffing at the track at Lamar High School in Arlington, TX. (The only difference is I'm still huffing and puffing.)

Speaking of huffing and puffing, I saw a woman preparing herself for the 10K by puffing a last minute cigarette. That's what I call training. And sacrifice. And some other things.

Just a few more days until WFC...

2 comments:

tcastleb said...

Yaayy! WFC!! See you soon. I'm flying in on the 1st and am staying at the Hampton, but I'll find you somewhere. . . Oh, and I know you're more interested in the beer, but when I went to Sea World they have an Anheiser-Bush section with Clydesdales and one of those wagons. They tour guide guy said the wagon weighs about 2000 pounds, and the clydesdales can pull that and a lot more without wheels on it. Cool, huh?

Andy Wolverton said...

Hey Traci! Looking forward to seeing you at WFC! John and I will be arriving midday on the 2nd. Hope you'll join us for a beer (with or without the Clydesdales...)