Thursday, November 15, 2007

Decisions, Decisions...

Last night I was hanging out with my friend Paul (among others), an avid movie buff. After even a few seconds of conversation with Paul, I always come away with a bad case of movie fever. What's really sad is that I haven't been to a movie in the theatres since Sicko in July!

Since I don't have to work tomorrow, and since Cindy's out of town, I have the perfect opportunity to see something. Usually the theatres present me with no choices. Now there's too many. Competing for my time and money are:

Beowulf

American Gangster

No Country for Old Men

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

I'm leaning toward No Country for Old Men, but I can be swayed. So what do you recommend?

3 comments:

Andy Wolverton said...

Man... Looks like instead of a movie, I'll be spending the day (the morning, at least) getting my oil changed for our upcoming trip.

Unknown said...

My vote is for the McCarthy; Beowulf looks ten kinds of awful.

Have you seen the trailer where the giant one-eyed sea creature swallows Beowulf whole, then makes a slightly comic look of indigestion before Beowulf's sword pokes out from his eye, his friggin' eye dude, and then, like, Beowulf pops out of the thing's head and, like, yells at the storm, "I AM BEOWULF." Dude. The classics are awesome.

I'm angling to get Amy to see "3:10 to Yuma" with me at the budget cinema this weekend. The last movie we saw was "V for Vendetta" in IMAX last December, I think.

Anonymous said...

I want to see Beowulf. There is a spoiler-free review up at OF section of Wotmania that made it sound a whole heck of a lot cooler than the trailer Trent described, which I saw and happen to agree with Trent based off the trailer.