Sunday, December 16, 2007

Remembering David





David LoPiccolo and his Mom

Last night we had a memorial service for David LoPiccolo at our church. I was honored to be asked to read David's eulogy (written by David's dad Joseph). Towards the end it got really difficult to read without losing it, especially with David's family right in front of me, but I made it. So many people shared so many great David memories but when David's brother Brian sang Keith Green's "Rushing Wind," I think we all came close to losing it.

There was supposed to be a video called "Remembering David" near the beginning of the service, but due to some technical difficulties, it couldn't be shown at that time. If they had shown it then, I know I wouldn't have been able to read. The video was working by the end of the service and I (and probably many others) just lost it. It was a powerfully emotional, yet very fitting end to the service.

I was so honored to meet David's parents Joseph and Lynette and share a few stories of my friendship with David. They also shared many memories of David. What wonderful people. My prayers continue to be with them as well as Brian and his family.

I hope you were pleased with the service, David. We all miss you and love you. Enjoy the presence of the Lord, my friend. I hope to see you again someday and pick up where we left off.

No comments: