Monday, March 17, 2014

Trends and New Stuff to Look Forward To

An American Werewolf in London (1981)

The Best Years of Our Lives (1946)

(Do I really need to tell you?)

I haven't watched that many movies so far this month, finishing the fifth season of The Sopranos today and rewatching several favorites from years past. Sometimes I just get in the mood to rewatch and right now I've got several lined up that I haven't seen in years or decades, like An American Werewolf in London, The Best Years of Our Lives and Sunset Boulevard and others I watched not that long ago, such as the French heist classic Rififi and the hilarious (but so wrong!) Airplane! 

 

In some "new releases" news, you never know what those guys at Criterion are going to do, but I'm delighted to see that this June we're going to get both Peter Weir's strange and sensual Picnic at Hanging Rock and Richard Lester's joyous A Hard Day's Night, both to be released in dual format DVD and Blu-ray. 

No comments: