Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Michael Connelly

I really like pretty much everything I've read by Michael Connelly. (I give full blame to my niece Erin, so I hope she's reading this.) Today I finished listening to The Lincoln Lawyer on CD in the car (not a Lincoln). Connelly really knows how to write a good detective story (or a lawyer story, in this case), keep the pages turning, and not throw a lot of dumb stuff in the mix. Of the big-name, bestseller writers out there, he's consistently good. His next book (released in May) will be a non-fiction work called Crime Beat: A Decade of Covering Cops and Killers. Can't wait for it to come out.

On the home front, the YA novel has six completed chapters (about forty pages) with 38 days to go.

Now Playing - Breezin' - George Benson
Now Reading - Al Capone Does My Shirts (YA) - Gennifer Choldenko
It's In the Eyes - Chip Armstrong
Almost finished listening to - Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston

No comments: