Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Up to My Eyeballs in Books

When you're a book dealer, you run the very serious risk of picking up way too many books for yourself. Happened today in a big way - I picked up eleven for my personal collection. Let's see...I think the house next door is for sale...

Chapter Three of the novel is almost finished, which feels pretty good. But with 44 days to go, it would feel a lot better if I had several more chapters under my belt.

Listening to Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer in the car. It's a non-Harry Bosch novel, but so far it's not bad. Best line so far:

"A cell phone began to play a classical number by Bach or Beethoven or some other dead guy with no copyright."

2 comments:

John said...

Don't leave us hanging: what did you get?

Andy Wolverton said...

Chip - It's In the Eyes is definitely a part of my daily reading. And I'm enjoying it!

John - Here's the rundown: (Trade paperback unless noted)

Beggars in Spain - Nancy Kress
334 - Thomas Disch
The Beyond - Jeffrey Ford (HC)
Sarah Canary - Karen Joy Fowler (one of my all-time favorites)
Sleeping in Flame, The Wooden Sea, White Apples - all by Jonathan Carroll
Memoranda - Jeffrey Ford
The Wind's Twelve Quarters - Ursula K. Le Guin
Midnighters 1 - Scott Westerfeld (HC)
Bel Canto - Ann Patchett (HC - first edition)
Tampa Burn - Randy Wayne White (HC - signed first edition)

Then today went back and found

Secret Heart - David Almond (one of my favorite YA writers) - HC signed first edition

And the find of the week:
Tishomingo Blues - Elmore Leonard HC signed first edition.

Trent - You got that professor's email address???