Thursday, June 22, 2006

Progress Report

My short story "The Black" returned yesterday from its first stop on the Tour of Markets, getting rejected by F&SF. So, I'll ship him off somewhere else this afternoon.

Revisions continue on my YA novel currently titled Fortress. (You'd think a better title would come to mind, but so far that's it.) In the meantime, I finished the first draft of a new story early this morning. I have the terrible, awful, gut-wrenching fear that it also wants to become a novel. (Man, I hate it when that happens.) The story is 6500 words long (which is a pretty good chunk for me) and it feels like I have much more to tell in it. Man...

Today's Short Story = "The Owl" - Conrad Williams from TYBF&H 18
Now Reading = Bob Dylan: The Essential Interviews, Jonathan Cott, ed.
...plus about six other books...

No comments: