Saturday, June 24, 2006

Today's Events

I'm extremely proud of my wife Cindy for running in the Odenton Kiwanis MARC Train 5-Miler today. Six years ago when she started getting ready for Navy boot camp, she couldn't run very far. "I hate this! Hate it!" she'd say. Now she's finished a 5-miler. Again, I'm very proud of her. (Plus her birthday is tomorrow.)

************************

One of my Clarion stories "Uncle Snuffy on Doomsday" got a close call from a market today, but ended up in the rejection pile. This particular editor said the story "was a lot of fun" and "I love the concept and the characters," but apparently it wasn't enough. Onward -

************************

Wow, if you love great speculative book and magazine covers, you simply must check out Cover Story : The Art of John Picacio. What a gorgeous book. Picacio is simply one of the most stunning illustrators working today. Plus he's a super nice guy. This is a must-have.

No comments: