Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Does Anybody Really Know What Day It Is?

Things are so busy I literally woke up this morning not knowing what day it is, which determines whether I will go to one library for training, my home library for a regular shift or stumble around with a new story. But I think it's Wednesday. Right?

Somehow in the midst of all the madness, I've managed to read/listen to a few books: John le Carre's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, which should be read/listened to in as few sittings as possible. Unfortunately I didn't, but I still enjoyed it. To help make up for it, I checked out the DVDs from the library, all three of them. Of course they're a 3-day rental. Here we go again....

I also read a non-fiction YA book I'd head a lot about: Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Alex & Brett Harris. More on this one later.

Finally, I'm enjoying Andrew Davidson's debut novel The Gargoyle, although the first chapters are some of the most graphic, stomach-turning reading (mostly of a medical nature) that I've ever experienced. I'm listening to it in the car, so when things really get graphic, I just sing at the top of my lungs until the nastiness has passed. It works, but I'm sure I look like a freak at intersections.

More tomorrow. Which is Saturday, right?

No comments: