Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dylan sings "Here Comes Santa Claus"? You Gotta Be Kidding Me!



This is weird. Good, but weird. I never thought I'd live to see the release of a Bob Dylan Christmas album, but according to Bob's website, that's exactly what's going to happen on October 13.

Now don't get me wrong. I admire what Dylan's doing - donating all of the proceeds of this recording and teaming up with two international charities to help feed the hungry. I salute him for it. But a Christmas album featuring "Here Comes Santa Claus," "Winter Wonderland" and "The Little Drummer Boy"?

2 comments:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

Yeah, but I'm gonna buy it.

The best Christmas CD I've bought the last couple of years was a retread compilation I found of Mahalia Jackson. When I was a kid, Goodyear and Firestone would come out with Christmas records and one or the other would feature a Mahalia Jackson carol. Her extraordinary voice was unlike anything I'd heard in my little upstate New York town -- and it came to mean Christmas for me.

Not sure Bob will quite do that, but I'll buy his, too.

Dr. Phil

Andy Wolverton said...

I remember those Goodyear and Firestone records! We had a couple of them. Good stuff!

Yeah, I'll probably buy Bob's also....