Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Criterion Titles for September


Although it’s old news now, the titles for September 2013 were recently announced. Here’s what to look for this fall:


La Cage aux Folles (1978) Edouard Molinaro
New to the collection
Spine #671


The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) Martin Ritt
Blu-grade
Spine #452


Slacker (1991) Richard Linklater
Blu-grade
Spine #247


Autumn Sonata (1978) Ingmar Bergman
Blu-grade
Spine #60


3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman 
New to the collection
Spine #672

Set includes:

Stromboli (1950)
Europe ’51 (1952)
Journey to Italy (1954)

I recently saw Slackers and although I enjoyed it, I don’t plan to see it again. I am interested in revisiting The Spy Who Came in from the Cold after 20+ years. I have (sadly) never seen any of the Ingrid Bergman films, so these are my biggest temptations for September. 

So what do you think about the September releases? 

No comments: