Thursday, May 25, 2006

Victory!

The 10-Pound contest is over and I made it! I went from 180.6 pounds to yesterday's weigh-in of 168. Wooooooooooooo!

For those of you who haven't kept up with this nail-biting story, Gold's Gym held a contest several weeks ago: Pay $25, lose ten pounds, and split the total prize money with everyone who meets their ten-pound goal. I know at least 120 people signed up. I figure at least 10% (probably a lot more) of the people gave up early. At least another 10% lost a few pounds, but didn't make it to ten. I'm guessing that maybe half the people met their goal, in which case we all get $50. Whatever we get, I'm twelve pounds lighter, in better shape than I've been in 20 years and feel great.

Cindy and I celebrated by going to Hunan Rose, where I reveled in a huge plate of Hunan fried rice. Mmmmmm......

Afterward we found that there was a Scholastic Book Fair just a few miles down the road. (They have a warehouse in Odenton that I didn't even know about.) Scholastic was selling books for half-price, so I picked up a few:

Coraline – Neil Gaiman
The Game of Sunken Places – M.T. Anderson
The Keys to the Kingdom Book I: Mister Monday – Garth Nix

Plus I sent two stories out yesterday. Not bad for a Wednesday.

Now Playing = Chaos and Creation in the Backyard – Paul McCartney
Now Reading = The Keys to the Kingdom Book I: Mister Monday – Garth Nix
Today's Short Story = "The Weight of Words" – Jeffrey Ford from The Empire of Ice Cream

No comments: