Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Waiting for Zodiac/The Slipstream List

Several cool things from my good friend Kelly's blog, but here are just two of them:

First the bad news, at least for Kelly and me. The DVD release of this year's superb David Fincher film Zodiac will be released next week, but the director's cut won't be out until sometime in 2008. Sorry, Paramount, I'm passing on the single disc version. I can be patient.

Second, a panel at the recent Readercon compiled a "canon of slipstream literature." Like Kelly, I'm not crazy about the slipstream label, but there's some great stuff on the list. Sure, people are already stirred up over the inclusion of some very recent books (One hasn't even been published yet!), but it's still a great list.

Although I'm somewhat embarrassed to find that of the 115 books in the primary list, I only own 31 of them and of those I've only read fourteen. Well, this list should keep me busy for awhile.

No comments: