Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Upcoming Stuff

Just a few books to look for in the coming months, via the Forthcoming Books section of Locus Online:

20th Century Ghosts - Joe Hill
Finally someone (HarperCollins/Morrow) is reprinting Hill's debut collection so that regular folks like you and me won't have to shell out three figures to own a copy.

Red Spikes - Margo Lanagan
Although she still continues to be marketed in the U.S. as a YA writer, don't let that stop you from reading and enjoying Lanagan's work.

Moon Flights - Elizabeth Moon
I rarely read straight-up sf, but I enjoyed Moon's writing so much in The Speed of Dark, that I'm eager to give this collection a try.

The Orphan's Tales: In the Cities of Coin and Spice - Catherynne M. Valente
Reading Valente's gorgeous stories in several magazines and "Best of" anthologies provides more than enough evidence to sign up for this one.

1 comment:

John said...

I've got my own list of upcoming titles that I'll put up on my blog later, but at the top are 20th Century Ghosts and Robert Charles Wilson's Axis.