Friday, September 07, 2007

On the Horizon




I'm almost finished listening to The Sun Also Rises, which I'm enjoying quite a bit. The next audiobook I plan to tackle should be quite an experience. I found a brand new release at the library a couple of days ago, John Crowley's Aegpyt (read by Crowley). I guess it's a good thing I found it on audio. Just try getting your hands on a print copy for under $25.

The 2007 audiobook release coincides with the fourth and final book in Crowley's Aegypt series, Endless Things, published by Small Beer Press. The Solitudes (the original first installment of Aegypt) will be re-released next month.

I usually don't like to know too much about a book before I start it, but in this case a little knowledge might help. In fact, Aegypt might be a book better experienced by reading than by listening. Anyone who has read Aegypt and is willing to comment (without spoilers) on it, please feel free.

*******************************

Heading out of town this afternoon for a few days. Have a great reading/writing weekend, folks.

No comments: