Saturday, September 29, 2007

Request

Please remember my friend David LoPiccolo in your thoughts and prayers. I haven't known David all that long, but we've gotten to be friends these last few weeks, mostly through working with the youth at church. David is 28 and has a very rare medical condition - his body produces extra blood vessels which causes several problems for him. A couple of weeks ago he told me that his heart "thinks" it has to pump blood to all these new blood vessels, so it pumps very fast, about seven times faster than a normal person's heart.

That creates serious problems if he gets a cut and starts bleeding.

David lives in Maryland but has been in New York (where he's from) for the last few days for a medical visit. Yesterday David began losing a lot of blood due to an aneurism in his neck. He's been rushed to the hospital and is in surgery right now.

Please remember David and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

2 comments:

cassie623 said...

My name is Cassie, I knew David and his family too. I just heard a few days ago that he'd passed away. Its SO sad and I feel horrible for his parents. He was so young. My prayers are with his famly and friends.

Andy Wolverton said...

Thanks, Cassie. David was indeed an amazing young man. I know his family will appreciate your prayers.