Monday, April 30, 2007

Two Writing Paths, plus Another One Bounces Back

The always insightful (He really is - his blog even says so.) Trent Hergenrader has some really interesting thoughts on two paths writers of speculative fiction can pursue: the Clarion workshop and a university creative writing program. I can attest to everything Mr. Hergenrader says about the Clarion experience and trust him that the rest of his findings are probably accurate not only for his university, but for most places as well. Again, very interesting reading.

*************************

A nice rejection letter for my newest completed story "The Probationary Period" was waiting for me when I got home from Texas, so we'll just send that sucker back out into the world and see if it sticks somewhere else. Plus I started a new story this morning (1100 words so far).

No comments: