Thursday, April 02, 2009

Coming Soon to a Bookstore Near You...Or Maybe Not...

Just a few days ago someone placed three catalogs on my desk, catalogs from small press publishers. I didn't know if someone wanted me to order some of these books or just have a laugh. But I thought some of them were.... well, different.



I'm really interested in the over 100 ways my horse and I can save the planet. I wonder if Mr. Ed did his part back in the day? "Hey Willllllbur! Don't dump that toxic waste in the back yard!!!"



No, this is not the French translation of William P. Young's The Shack. But I wonder how many people might think it is? C'est dommage.



I don't know if they come from the same guy that produced this book Little People in the City, but Jeffrey Ford sometimes has similar interesting miniature figures on his blog 14theditch. This book actually looks pretty fun.



I just love this cover....



At first I thought Within These Walls: Memoirs of a Death House Chaplain smacked of exploitation, but after reading the Amazon blurbs, it might be a pretty interesting look at capital punishment. This must be a re-issue since the Amazon publication date is 2003 and used copies start at $49.96.

No comments: