Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back from Vacation


Sadly our vacation is over, but it was a really good one; a family vacation (eight adults, three kids, none of them over the age of 3.5) in Orlando. Cindy and I stopped in Savannah, Georgia both ways. The highlight for me was visiting Flannery O'Connor's childhood home, a must for O'Connor fans. Cindy and I were the only ones there, so we got the tour guide's full attention. Now I want to reread all of O'Connor's stories again, as well as the new biography.



We also did Disney: five theme parks in five days. My favorite ride: Mission: SPACE at Epcot. (Although Cindy didn't feel so hot after it was over.)

Other highlights: a small but nice water park, 18 holes of golf on an incredible course, food, drink, and of course, family. Lots of fun, but good to be home.

No comments: