Thursday, July 30, 2009

Everything Stops



Although I think his current books don't pack quite the same punch as his earlier ones, everything stops for me when a new Michael Connelly book comes out. I'm in the middle of listening to his newest, The Scarecrow. Also I've reluctantly put Bernard Cornwell's The Winter King on a brief hiatus (Sorry, John...) in favor of Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Played with Fire, the sequel to the excellent novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. So far, the sequel is even better. (Plus it's one of the library's new 14-day books, so I'm working with limitations here.)

So what author(s) must you read when they put out something new?

1 comment:

John said...

Only two: Bernard Cornwell (but not the Sharpe novels) and Alan Furst. I tend also to go a bit crazy when new Robert Jordan or George RR Martin novels come out, but it's been so long since that happened that I don't remember exactly.