Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Circulation (Library, not Blood)

Started my library training yesterday, spending most of the morning talking about circulation. But the most dangerous information that I learned yesterday: Library employees can purchase books at a discount.

Man....I'm sunk.

*******************

Speaking of purchasing, it's already very close to the end of October, so I'll be listing my Books Purchased and Books Read in the next day or two. Some good stuff on both sides. If you haven't read Best American Fantasy (Jeff VanderMeer, Ann VanderMeer, eds.), pick up a copy soon. Some real home runs in there.

1 comment:

John said...

No, no. You must have misheard. They said library employees can'T purchase books at a discount. In fact, they can't purchase books at all. Yes, that's it. No books for you. (Repeat as necessary.)

My lesson on that was the friend I had in college who worked at Barnes & Noble and wound up shooting his first two paychecks with the employee discount.

Good luck with circulation. (I guess that could imply to both blood and books.)