Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Few Random Thoughts

Watched a little horror film I'd heard about through the grapevine, May (2002), which was a nice surprise. Great job by Angela Bettis as the title character. I've been thinking about the film all day. Not a masterpiece, but quite good. Recommended.

Wrote only a few hundred words on my YA novel, but I "structured" a good bit of what's to come. It's a little creepy revisiting both my own experiences as a sixth-grader in a new school (it was actually fifth grade for me) and those of the kids I taught. A new school - or anything new - can be terrifying to a 12-year-old. But I'm having fun with the novel. (No nightmares yet.)

I'm also having fun with the Wolverton CD Collection Tour. I'm glad to have been partially responsible for those of you conducting your own tours. A few minutes ago I listened to Kelly Joe Phelps's Roll Away the Stone, which contains some outta-sight blues guitar and vocals. Gotta check out more stuff by that guy.

Now Playing = Tales of Mystery and Imagination - The Alan Parsons Project

No comments: