Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Printer/New Story/New World Series

My old printer crapped out this weekend, so I gnashed my teeth and went out to purchase another one yesterday. I almost stopped at Best Buy first, but I've had trouble getting people to help me there in the past. I've also heard others through the years voice the same thing.

I'd read in Good to Great how Circuit City is one of the eleven "good to great" companies in that book's study. (If you have ANY interest at all in business, I highly recommend the book.) So I tried Circuit City.

This particular location wasn't good, great, or even awake. I had to chase down someone in a red Circuit City shirt and even after I snagged him, he was no help. I wiped the dust of that place off my feet and waltzed down to Best Buy.

Man, things have changed around Best Buy. Long story short, I got great, fast, friendly service. The guy helping me even gave me his card and said to call him if anything goes wrong. Best Buy will get my business from now on. (And to top things off, Best Buy had free sampler CDs of Bob Dylan at Carnegie Hall 1963.)

Started a new story tonight tentatively titled "Fingerpaint." Will try to finish it and send it out before WFC so I'll have at least three stories out there.

Ah, a new World Series starts tonight! This should be fun. For once, I like both teams.

Now Playing = "Lush Life" - Chet Baker
Now Reading = Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman

2 comments:

tcastleb said...

I'm not fond of Circuit City either. . .they always seem dark, empty and unfriendly to me, and I, too, have had better luck and fun at Best Buy.

Lush Life. Ah, another one of my favorite tunes, though I don't recall if I've heard Chet's version, but I'm sure it's stellar.

Andy Wolverton said...

Lush Life sure is a great tune, one of my favorites too. I've got it on Chet's The Pacific Years box set, but you can probably find it on other single discs.