Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Creature of Habit

Yesterday I felt like I was aimlessly wandering around the house, not knowing what to do. It felt weird not being down at Capitol Hill, leading the workshop. Our final session last Sunday went very well, as did the entire ten-week workshop. I miss hearing all the great stuff the participants created each week. I hope they'll all continue their writing.

Malcolm (the director of DC Writer's Way) has asked me to lead another workshop in January, so I'm very pleased about that.

Sending two stories out tomorrow. I'm about 1,000 words into a new one. If I can just get "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" out of my head....Just what is the new old-fashioned way?

Now Playing = The Way Up – Pat Metheny Group (can't get enough)
Now Reading = Veniss Underground – Jeff VanderMeer (Wow!)

3 comments:

John said...

I was reminded earlier today of my most hated Christmas tune: Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town."

Andy Wolverton said...

It's right up there for me too.

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

"The New Old-Fashioned Way" = "Marketing Hype". (grin)