Saturday, September 02, 2006

Finally!

Mission: Impossible - The Complete First Season will be released on December 5, just in time to be placed in the stocking of that special someone. Whoot! I have fond memories of the opening credits, the lighting of the fuse followed by a flurry of (what I then thought of as) lightning-fast images of fast cars, ticking clocks, masks being ripped off, stealth-filled shifty-eyed glances, all driven by Lalo Shifrin's much-parodied yet unforgettable theme music. I fear that after forty years this show will now look like major cheese puffs, but I don't care. I've waited a long time to see this show again and purge all images of Tom Cruise from my memory.

1 comment:

Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

We didn't watch Mission: Impossible until after the Landau/Bain era -- so it has to be Peter Graves as Jim Phelps.

Dr. Phil