Saturday, February 10, 2007

And Now For the Fitness Portion of Our Program....

This morning - at 28 degrees outside - Cindy and I ran the first area 5K of 2007. Cindy runs 5Ks all the time, but it was my first one in nearly five years. I actually felt pretty good up until slightly beyond Mile #2, where there was a steady uphill slope all the way to the end. But I made it, ran the entire way and wasn't the last to cross the finish line, thank you very much. Maybe I'll do another one soon.

When it gets warmer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did that in cold weather? Now, that's hardcore!

:D

Andy Wolverton said...

The worst part was standing around waiting for the race to begin. Once we got going, it wasn't too bad.

John said...

Wow. I have a hard time just going to the gym when it's cold outside. Good on you for braving the elements.