Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Assorted Stuff

The only bad thing about reading the work of really good writers - like Laird Barron and John Crowley - is that it unflinchingly shows you what your writing is really like. But I guess in the long run that's a good thing. My writing lately has been slower, but more focused, and stronger. I can actually look at what I've written and say, "Hey, I don't think I could've written that a few weeks ago." I'll take that any day.

***************************

I'll also take how the Dallas Cowboys are doing. I have a long and intense love/hate relationship with the team, going all the way back to watching the 1975 season with my good friend Mark Henderson. Yeah, they've still got T.O. (at least he's doing something so far this year) and Jerry Jones, but they're 2-0 and both Philadelphia and the New York Gnats (mispelling intended) are 0-2.

***************************

My mom's celebrating her 78th birthday today, so Cindy and I are going to take her out today, have some cake and hang out. Look for some book talk tomorrow.

No comments: