Friday, December 21, 2007

Looking Ahead

While I'm compiling my Best Fiction of 2007, I thought I'd post the books I'm most looking forward to reading in 2008. These are books I already own, but simply haven't gotten to yet.



Generation Loss (2007) - Elizabeth Hand

Elizabeth Hand just rocks. Plus I got a signed copy of this one.



A History of the Ancient World (NF 1991) - Chester G. Starr

Because I know so little about it...




The Stories of Vladimir Nabokov (1996)

I read Lolita this year and couldn't get over Nabokov's writing. Incredible.




The Brothers Karamazov (1880/1991) translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky

I think it's written down somewhere that you have to read this one.




I Led 3 Lives (NF 1952) - Herbert Philbrick

My father-in-law asked for this last Christmas and I found him a copy. Then I found another for myself. Looks like an interesting read.





Ill Met In Lankhmar (1968?) - Fritz Leiber

Another that everyone except me seems to have read...





Eternity and Other Stories (2005) - Lucius Shepard

Because I can't afford Dagger Key and Other Stories.

Mythology (1942) - Edith Hamilton

Because I know so little of it...

Hurt: Inside the World of Today's Teenagers (NF 2004) - Chap Clark

Because I care.

No comments: