Tuesday, April 01, 2008

March Books Bought

March wasn't the most out-of-control month for book buying, but it was close, thanks to the Chicago trip, recommendations from friends and a pretty good Amazon order.

The Man on the Ceiling – Steve Rasnic Tem and Melaine Tem
I originally thought this was a collection, but it's a novel, highly recommended by my friend Kelly.

Pump Six and Other Stories – Paolo Bacigalupi
I've read a few of Bacigalupi's stories in F&SF and enjoyed them enough to seek out his debut collection.

Tales of Pain and Wonder – Caitlin R. Kiernan
Okay, I admit it, I'd never read Kiernan before. Stop throwing things! I'm reading it now!

Life During Wartime – Lucius Shepard
Saw this one (although a different edition) on-the-cheap in Chicago

Alma – Gordon Burn
I'd heard about this one listening to a book review podcast about the new novel Sway, which features the Rolling Stones as characters. The author, Zachary Lazar, referred to Alma, a novel about the singer Alma Cogan (who died in 1966) which seemed more interesting than Sway.

The Magic City – E. Nesbit
Just because.

Postwar: A History of Europe Since 1945 – Tony Judt
Recommended by Ivan, one of my library co-workers.

Pictures at a Revolution – Mark Harris
Which I've already blabbed about at length.

The Dangerous Act of Worship: Living God's Call to Justice – Mark Labberton
Recommended by one of our pastors.

Books Read tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments: