Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Enough Already! Gimme Grown-Up Fiction!

Okay, I love YA fiction, but after preparing for Great Books (for kids) for the past eight weeks or so, I need some adult fiction. The problem (as always) is What's Next?





There's always the Best American series, which you can chip away at here and there. (I'm already a few stories into the mystery volume.) Always a good choice.



Then there's Roberto Bolano's final doorstopper of a novel weighing in at nearly 3 pounds. I've been wanting to read this one for awhile (and I finally own it - thanks again, Heather!), but just don't know if I'm in the mood for a long haul right now.



The same can be said for Mr. Dickens.



And I've heard nothing but great things about Guy Gavriel Kay's World Fantasy Award winner Ysabel, which continues to call out to me.



My good friend Joy loaned me this collection of stories set in Africa after Cindy and I watched Hotel Rwanda with Joy and her husband, so this one's calling to me as well.



And then here's an advance reader's copy of John Crowley's new novel that came in the mail the other day. (I'd completely forgotten I'd requested it. Oops.)

Decisions, decisions....

No comments: