Monday, October 19, 2009

Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone



I usually iron for about half an hour, which is about as long as I can stand it. I’m not very good at ironing (which you can no doubt attest to upon seeing me), but I keep at it. After thirty minutes, frustration sets in. (That usually equals one shirt and one pair of pants.) But thirty minutes is plenty of time for an episode of The Twilight Zone to keep me company.

A couple of years ago I bought the first two seasons of The Twilight Zone (The Definitive Edition) at Costco, relatively on-the-cheap. (I hope to buy the remaining three seasons the next time I see them at a good price. Or maybe Santa will bring them?) It’s always fun seeing these episodes, but this past weekend I thought, “What the heck? I’m usually ironing on a regular basis, so why not take a look at some TZ episodes? Why not in the order that they aired?"

Why not?

So I plan to comment on the episodes as I see them in the order they were broadcast from 1959-1964. I’ll be referring quite a bit to Marc Scott Zicree’s excellent book The Twilight Zone Companion, but mostly commenting on...well, what I like. Stay tuned.

No comments: