Saturday, March 06, 2010

Forthcoming Books



Ah, yes, the new issue of Locus Magazine just arrived, complete with their list of Forthcoming Books through December 2010. Among those I'll be following are:

February


Mirror Kingdoms: The Best of Peter S. Beagle, Subterranean Press
I pre-ordered this one awhile back. It should be shipping any day now.

March


The Skylark - Peter Straub, Subterranean Press
Okay, I'm not wild about the cover, but I am wild about the shorter version of this novel, A Dark Matter, wild enough, in fact, to order this edition that includes 200 more pages and Straub's signature.



Darkness: Two Decades of Modern Horror - Ellen Datlow, ed., Tachyon Publications
I sure hope the library gets this one. Man, what a creep-out cover...

May


Under Heaven - Guy Gavriel Kay, Penguin/Roc

June

Shirley Jackson: Novels and Stories, Library of America
No cover for this one yet, but I'm very excited that the Library of America has seen fit to honor Shirley Jackson.


Who Fears Death - Nnedi Okorafor, DAW
I loved Okorafor's The Shadow Speaker and am very much looking forward to this one.

July

The Loving Dead - Amelia Beamer, Night Shade Books
No cover art yet, but I'm very excited for my Clarion buddy's first novel. Go Amelia!

September


Mockingjay (The Hunger Games Vol. III) - Suzanne Collins, Scholastic Press
I enjoyed The Hunger Games so much I've refused to even read the second book, Catching Fire, until this third book comes out.

What I Didn’t See and Other Stories - Karen Joy Fowler, Small Beer Press
No cover yet. Most people that have read the novels Wit's End and The Jane Austen Book Club have no idea Fowler started out writing speculative short stories, which are absolutely stunning, especially this title story.

October

All Clear - Connie Willis, Ballentine Spectra
No cover yet. Time travel tale that picks up where Blackout (released last month) leaves off.

November

Holiday (Short Stories) - M. Rickert, Golden Gryphon Press
No cover yet. Rickert's entire output (at least so far) consists of short stories. All of them are very good, most of them superb.

No comments: