Friday, May 14, 2010

Now What?



I've have much more to say about China Miéville's novel The City and the City next time, but for now, I'm in a quandary: The novel is so good and resonated so well with me that just about anything I read after it is bound to be a major disappointment. Maybe the thing to do is read something at the polar opposite of this book, something completely goofy or maybe a short story collection.

So what book(s) have you read that you finished, thinking, "That's it. Nothing will ever top this one!"?

1 comment:

Andy Wolverton said...

It's the signed, limited edition that I should've bought, but is now out-of-print. That's the problem - you don't know if you'll want it (unless you're a huge fan) until you've read it; then it's too late! It originally listed for $75, but if it wins even some of the awards it's nominated for, the dealer price will probably double. :-(

I enjoyed The Book Thief quite a bit, too.