Monday, August 31, 2009

Books Bought August

Since July was, let us say, out of control as far as book buying goes, it made sense to cut back on book purchases in August. So I did. So here we go with the "Don't Blink or You'll Miss It" version of Books Bought August:



Columbine (NF 2009) - Dave Cullen

Nerd Confession: I frequently read Publishers Weekly and Library Journal. (There, I've said it.) We're actually encouraged to read these and/or other professional publications at the library to keep up with what's being published. (Not exactly an arm-twisting situation for me.) I keep track of both fiction and non-fiction that interests me and write the titles/authors in a book I keep for personal use and for readers' advisory. End of Nerd Confession.

Several months ago I found out that two non-fiction books were set for release at about the same time: No Right to Remain Silent: The Tragedy at Virginia Tech by Lucinda Roy and Columbine by Dave Cullen. I'm not obsessed with school shootings, but having been a teacher for 15 years, I have more than a passing interest in the subject.

A few months back I read No Right to Remain Silent. After finishing it, I simply could not read Columbine until a few months had passed. I saw the book a few days ago at a thrift store and thought that maybe I'm ready now.

Hardcover; Price = $2.50

Total Book Expenditures for August: $2.50

Next Time: What I actually read.

1 comment:

Dave Cullen said...

Thanks for buying my book, and mentioning it, Andy.

I look forward to hearing what you think.