Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Edgar Awards



I never really paid a whole lot of attention to them before, but I'm really enjoying my journey through the Edgar Award nominees. I've read Charlie Huston's The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death and am currently reading Jo Nesbo's Nemesis and listening to Malla Nunn's A Beautiful Place to Die.



These novels are so diverse, each so different from each other that, were I judging, it would be really tough to pick a winner. The Best First Novel By An American Author category looks great, too. And even though I was a bit disappointed with the ending of The Weight of Silence, as a first novel, I think it's quite good. I'm very eager to read the other five nominees.

If you've read any of these twelve novels, let me know your thoughts (without spoilers, of course!). The Edgar Awards will be announced next Thursday, April 29.

No comments: