Friday, January 04, 2013

Terry Gross and Quentin Tarantino Get Violent


Terry Gross recently interviewed Quentin Tarantino on NPR's Fresh Air, where they talked about Tarantino's new film (which I have not seen) Django Unchained. You can listen to the interview (about 35 minutes) here or download it from iTunes. 

Things get a little uncomfortable in the interview; not out of control, but clearly uncomfortable for both Tarantino and Gross. I'll let you decide for yourself and I certainly want to listen to the interview again, but I believe Gross - normally a rock-solid interviewer who does her homework - drops the ball by not preparing for this exchange as well as she could have (and normally does). 

Regardless, the interview can and should spark a good discussion of the differences between film violence and real violence. Definitely worth a listen and a future blog post (when I have more time!). 

No comments: