Monday, October 27, 2014

It's Almost Here...

No, not Halloween, but the next Barnes & Noble Criterion 50% off sale, which is just around the corner, starting November 11, 2014. I know of at least three films that are on my “must have” radar:


La Dolce Vita (1960) 


My Darling Clementine (1946) 


Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) 

Several others I plan to check out streaming on Hulu Plus before considering a purchase:


Beauty and the Beast (1946) 


City Lights (1931)


The Earrings of Madame de ... (1953)


The Freshman (1925) 


The Hidden Fortress (1958) 


Pickpocket (1959) 


Marketa Lazarová (1967) 


Riot in Cell Block 11 (1954) (This one’s not on Hulu Plus, but it’s Don Siegel, so that’s practically a “must have” even though I haven’t seen it.)

Let me know what's on your radar... 


2 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

I'll be picking up all the new stuff that's come out since CLEMENTINE, along with the upgrades of VENGEANCE IS MINE and ALI: FEAR EATS THE SOUL. I have a clutch of 20% off coupons to use on top of my membership discounts too. Gotta get my collection complete again!

Andy Wolverton said...

David, thanks for stopping by! I certainly enjoy listening to you guys on the Criterion podcasts. I plan on checking out VENGEANCE IS MINE and ALI: FEAR EATS THE SOUL on Hulu Plus and adding them to the list. There goes my paycheck...