Monday, November 08, 2004

Getting Things Done

Wow - If I stay off the Internet, I can get a lot of things done. I know that's not a revelation that's going to hit the front page, but it's true. I've finished my daily writing exercise, my daily study of a short story, and completed a revision of "Family Plot." And I've exercised. All before 9:00AM. (Of course I had to get up at 5:30 to do it, but I'm a morning person anyway.)

The exercises I'm doing from 'The Artist's Way' (by Julia Cameron) are really paying off. I would highly recommend the book to anyone in the arts, not just writers. The whole purpose of the book is to free yourself from anything (thoughts, people, situations, etc.) that would distract you from your creativity. I've got so many ideas running around in my head competing for my attention - short story ideas, a YA novel idea, song ideas, poetry ideas - what to do first?

Plus I start my new job today.

Now Playing = "If Not For You" - Bob Dylan (from Biograph)

No comments: