Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Good Day for Writing

And not much else. By my estimation, we got about eight inches of snow late last night/early this morning. Although I haven't been able to go anywhere, at least I've had plenty of time to write.

It's been a few weeks since I've sent out any new stories, but I finally have one ready to go and another that's close. I've also made a decision to bite the bullet and finish the YA novel I've been (silently) working on. I hope to have it ready for entry in a contest about six weeks from now. I have a rough first draft done, but I'm still uncertain about the ending. (Something I might want to figure out fairly soon.) Six weeks isn't much time, but I'm going to go for it and see if I can push myself to meet the deadline.

So far I think the novel is miles better than the first novel I wrote (which, BTW, no one will ever read) back in 2002. I've improved a lot since then. I'm hoping it will show in the final product.

Now Playing = Ziggy Stardust – David Bowie
Reading = Orphan of Chaos – John C. Wright
Listening to = Life of Pi – Yann Martel

1 comment:

John said...

Remember: the biggest--but not the only--difference between people who have novels published and people who don't is that people with published novels have finished writing theirs.