Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Plugging Right Along

Just finished the second draft of my novel's second chapter. Things are going surprisingly well at this stage, but the dreaded R word is vastly approaching: Research.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy research. And the research I've got to do is readily available, very easy to get to. But that may compound the situation. My problem with research is I often do too much of it, getting way more than I need. It's always good to have extra, but sometimes I don't know when to stop. That's where a deadline comes in.

Saw two movies over the weekend, The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005), which I do not recommend, and an old Western called Seven Men from Now (1956) which I enthusiastically recommend.

Now Playing = Miles Ahead – Miles Davis
Reading = Orphan of Chaos – John C. Wright
Listening to = Their Eyes Were Watching God – Zora Neale Hurston

No comments: