Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just a Mess or Stuff....or just a mess....

Right now I'm listening to Cindy and the rest of the U.S. Navy Band live via a great station, WICN Public Radio – New England's Jazz & Folk Station at www.wicn.org. I guess since I can't see Cindy on tour, this is the closest I'll get. The band sounds great, as always. One of the vocalists from the Cruisers (the U.S. Navy rock band) just sang a medley of Sinatra tunes. This guy really does a great Sinatra, especially pegging him in the upper register.

*****************************

Too busy yesterday, so Bullet didn't get a walk. He reminded me of this fact at 3:30 AM when he had to go to his "area." Hopefully I can redeem myself in his eyes by taking him to the dogpark this afternoon. As long as a little whippet named Chester isn't there, he'll have a great time.

***************************

With roughly a week to go, I've got the end of my novel in sight. A few more nights on a few scenes and the rest of the time to do a whirlwind revision. Wish I had more time, but them's the breaks. I think, though, I might have to throw a little celebration in honor of finishing the thing.

As soon as this concert is over, I'm hitting the gym, hoping that neither Adam Sandler, Ben Afleck, Kevin Costner, nor George Clooney will be present on the big screen. Of course it could be much worse. They could be showing The Notebook.

No comments: