Monday, March 20, 2006

This Just In...

I really can't believe this....

First, understand that I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for a loooooong time, nearly 30 years. That's right, thirty years: Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, The Hail-Mary Catch, the 70's Superbowls, "THE Catch" (Dwight Clark), the 1-15 season, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones, the Triplets, the 90's Superbowls, Barry Switzer (my stomach turns), Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, The Big Tuna...I've seen it all and I've stood by them in glory and in shame.

No more.

As of the Dallas Cowboys' signing of Terrell Owens this past weekend, I hereby promise to boycott the 2006 Dallas Cowboys' season and beyond as long as "T.O." is a part of it.

This signing goes way beyond the boundaries of being a bad idea. I can't even begin to discuss how stupid a move this is. I'm sure I'll elaborate on it at some point. I'm still in a state of amazement right now.

1 comment:

John said...

I knew it wouldn't happen, but part of me was hoping oh so desperately that NO ONE would sign Owens. If the NFL could show some collective backbone against CRAP like his, maybe we wouldn't see it any more.

Alas, no...Thanks, Jerry. Thanks a lot.