Monday, May 01, 2006

Fewer Stamps These Days

I feel like I'm starting to get back on track as far as sending more stories out. At one time, I only had one little story floating around the nether regions of speculative fiction. As of today, I'll have three, possibly four. It's a slow process, at least for me.

***********************

My YA novel was not chosen as a finalist in the Avari Press contest, but I'm not too bummed about it. As I'd mentioned before, I mainly wanted to see if I could operate under a strict deadline, producing the best product I could. I'm glad I did it and now have something I can polish later on. The contest had 215 entries. But since they only listed their eight finalists, I don't know if I was #9, #215 or somewhere in between.

Now Playing - Beatles 65
Now Reading - Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy
Listening to in the Car - Don Quixote - Cervantes (disc 23 of 35)
In the DVD Player - Firefly, disc three

2 comments:

John said...

Remember, the biggest difference between published authors and unpublished authors is that the published authors have finished their books. You're more than halfway there. Congratulations again on finishing against the deadline.

And by the way, how many hours is the audio version of Don Quixote?

Andy Wolverton said...

Thanks, John - I appreciate it.

If you've got a couple of days (literally), you can listen to Don Quixote in 40.5 hours. Whew!