Monday, July 09, 2007

Facebook Weekend and The Writing Thing

A good weekend all in all, with Cindy and I seeing Michael Moore's Sicko, hanging out with my good friend John and his wife Lera, and spending a lot of time on Facebook.

If you haven't been to Facebook, check it out. From what I've heard, it was originally designed as a network for the college crowd. Then Facebook decided to let in high school kids, and now the floodgates are opened wide enough to let in old coots like me.

Anyway, I've connected with several former students, other writers, friends from long ago and far away. You can do all sorts of things on Facebook, even poke people. (They might even poke you back.)

**********************************

Writing was pretty frustrating for awhile, but it's getting better. I think one of the reasons is that I've been studying stories more. After I've studied a good story, I get the feeling that, "Okay, I'm not that good yet, but now I understand why the writer did this or that here or there." Small steps. Small patient steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its true. I am in the 1st generation Facebook users in 2003. Its gotten crazy! Sometimes I wonder how people stayed friends without it.

Andy Wolverton said...

It's like having a little Shack Band Convention online - I love it!