Monday, August 06, 2007

This is More Like It



Here it is - the way I used to attempt to keep up with things. Most of the time I failed miserably, crossing things out, moving them to the next day, drawing arrows to adjacent days, weeks, MONTHS... Plus it was bulky, cumbersome and yes, let's face it, nerdy.



Ah, but now, it's a completely different story. After only a week with the Palm Z22, I feel so much more organized it's scary.

Plus I can make lists, long, long lists of books I'm looking for and have instant access to the titles I need. No longer do I have to lug around my "Books to Look For" book (in which also had things crossed out, arrows, etc.).

Ah, but the best part: free ebooks. This morning I downloaded several books and short stories including Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom and Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town by Cory Doctorow, Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link, Burn by James Patrick Kelly, and many more. I read the first part of Down and Out this afternoon while waiting in line at a thrift store. Now I can read anywhere!

I know, I know, the Palm products have been around for what, years now? It takes me awhile to embrace technology, okay? This is coming from a guy who still owns a functioning turntable. Who knows what could be next?

Maybe one of those telephones without the big dial...

4 comments:

John said...

I realized the other day that my kids are never going to understand phrases like "dial a number," because they will never have seen a rotary-dial telephone, except maybe in a movie.

I gave my Palm device to Lera when I started working from home, and I have a turntable. All my notes are on legal pads. I guess that makes me your friendly neighborhood Luddite.

Andy Wolverton said...

Hey, glad to see you on Facebook. That's tech-ish...sort of...

Mr. Mark said...

Do you still have years worth of Top 40 songs you listed every week while we shot pool and ate nacho cheese doritos and drank barrel head rootbear?

Andy Wolverton said...

Hi Mark,

Sadly, those lists are gone forever. But they still play the Top 40 shows (minus commercials) on XM Radio. Sometimes I still listen for a little blast from the past...