Friday, November 30, 2007

November Books Bought

Yes, it's the fewest number of books I've brought into the house for months and yes, that's a good thing. All of these were bought on the cheap, so that's my justification.

BOOKS BOUGHT



Poems, Poets, Poetry: An Introduction and Anthology (2002) - Helen Vendler

I've been reading more poetry, thanks largely to the folks in my writing forum, so I've been looking for a good poetry anthology. This one looks like it might be a good fit.




Aye, and Gomorrah and Other Stories (Vintage edition, 2003) - Samuel R. Delany

Yeah, I'm still reading Delany's book on writing; thanks for asking, really. Delany refers to some of the stories from this collection in his writing volume, so there.




Selected Stories (Vintage edition, 2000) - Theodore Sturgeon

I probably have all of these stories in other volumes, but what the heck, for 20 cents, how could I say no?


That's it for book expenditures in November. Next time the stuff I actually read.

2 comments:

John said...

Best free poetry anthology: Poetry 180 at the Library of Congress' website. (Just Google Poetry 180 to find it.) Billy Collins put it together with the idea that it's one poem for every day of the school year. It's terrific. It's also available as a paperback, as is a second 180 collection (that isn't available online).

Andy Wolverton said...

I'll check it out. Hope to see you guys Tuesday night.