Friday, October 24, 2008

The Perfect Halloween Read Pt. II

I'm still in search of the perfect Halloween read, but thanks to several recommendations (mostly from Facebook), I've got several to choose from. Among those suggested:

Ghost Story - Peter Straub
Saw the movie, never read the book.

Anything by Robert Westall
Got Demons and Shadows: The Ghostly Best Stories of Robert Westall and The Stones of Muncaster Cathedral from the library.

Anything by Stephen King
There's still quite a few King books I haven't read, but right now I'm just not in a King mood.

Anything by H.P. Lovecraft, especially "The Rats in the Walls"
Maybe. I do have an ex-library copy of Tales from the Library of America, so I'll probably read at least that story. With me a little Lovecraft goes a long way.

Of course, there are always a few titles that have been sitting around on my shelf that I might finally get around to reading:


Acquainted with the Night - Barbara and Christopher Roden, eds. With one of my favorite covers by one of my favorite artists, Jason Van Hollander.







All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By - John Farris

The Werewolf of Paris - Guy Endore

So many choices.... I may not have time to come up with a decent costume....

1 comment:

John said...

Just remember: never judge a book by the movie. (Especially Ghost Story. Yikes. What a crap movie.)