Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes It All Comes Together

This doesn't happen very often. I started a story yesterday about a birthday party during Halloween, having no idea what it was going to be about. Now the "having no idea what it was going to be about" part does happen often, but this morning it all came together in a way that's never happened before. I have no idea why. If I could replicate the factors leading to this revelation, I'd sure do it.

Maybe it's because I was tired of revising my never-ending YA novel and wanted to start something new (and short). Maybe it's because I'm listening to Western Swing, which makes even an embarrassing Cowboys loss seem something less than tragic. Maybe it's because the coffee maker decided to actually work this morning. But something clicked and I understand the story.

Now I've got to keep going without screwing it up.

Now that I think about it, I think I was inspired by the idea of a candy corn latte. When's someone going to invent one?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really? a candy corn latte hmm hadn't thought about that ever interesting idea i wonder if it would taste good