Saturday, May 30, 2009

Books Bought May

Well here's something you don't see every month: No (That's one zero.) books purchased in the month of May. Not one. Zip. Nada. Don't ask me why. Don't ask me how. It just happened. I think Cindy is popping a champagne cork...

But I did trade for three new books at the used bookstore. So here they are:



Making Movies (NF 1995) - Sidney Lumet

I haven't seen all of Lumet's films, but the ones I have are stellar. Anytime I can read something by someone who's very successful, particularly someone who's been successful for as long as Lumet has, I'm all over it.



Hide and Seek (1990) - Ian Rankin

The second book in the Inspector Rebus series set in Scotland.



Nosferatu in Love (1998) - Jim Shepard

Hard-to-find novel by one of my favorite short story writers, Jim Shepard. A fictional account of the life of the German film-maker, F.W. Murnau, director of the silent classic Nosferatu.

Total Expenditures for May = $0

No comments: