Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sometimes Things Get Put on Hold



I had to put Adler's How to Read a Book (which I read years ago) down in favor of a book I traded for at the used bookstore yesterday, Sidney Lumet's Making Movies. Lumet is one of my favorite film directors, responsible for such classics as 12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon, Network, The Verdict and many others. Anytime I can read something by someone successful whom I really admire, I'll drop everything to read it. Such is the case here. I brought it home from the bookstore and before I knew what was happening, 50 pages had gone by. There are plenty of other books I need to finish soon, but I'm afraid that Lumet will receive all of my attention until I've turned the last page.

So what types of books immediately get moved to the top of your reading stacks?

1 comment:

John said...

Alan Furst and anything with 1066 in the title.